This summer has been so busy so far! Rob has been traveling for work the past three or four weeks, so I've been on my own every Sunday through each Thursday. It's definitely reminiscent of our long-distance days, but traveling for work is a bit easier on our bank account, which certainly doesn't suck.
I spent half of last week in Charlotte and a few days after that in Roanoke, which was so nice--Rob and I spent some time in our soon-to-be new city and visited our soon-to-be new apartment together. And then we spent the weekend here in Minneapolis, so I'm home for another week of packing, blogging, and watching an embarrassing amount of Gossip Girl.
Here's a look at life lately, according to photos on my phone:
- Charlotte is pretty! Love the view of the skyline from this sweet park in Uptown.
- We hiked Crowder's Mountain with my in-laws last Sunday. Such a great workout and an even better view from the top.
- I think Not Just Coffee might be my new almond milk latte spot in North Carolina.
- Spent a few evenings on my parents' back deck overlooking Smith Mountain Lake.
- Crepe Myrtles are so gorgeous and always remind me of home.
- I'm seriously lusting over that painting in the back. Does anyone have $5,000 lying around to buy it for me?
- Celebrated one year of self-employment with a glass of prosecco and this bizarre photo of me clinking glasses with my brother-in-law from across the table.
- A weekend walk around Lake Harriet.
- How cute is Rob? I hate having him away all week, but our weekends together sure are fun.
What have you been up to lately? I want to see!
Life Lately According to Instagram is a once(ish)-monthly feature in which I showcase my favorite Instagram shots. You can follow along with me in real time if you'd like--I'm @mflynnpete.