I'm a big fan of one-pot meals that have meat and veggies in them. They're easy, they're quicker, they mean less clean-up, and I can make them when I have free time in the afternoon and reheat them when Rob gets home and we're ready for dinner. This super simple Paleo chili is one of my favorites--I make it almost once a week!
- 1 onion, chopped
- About a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 green or red peppers (or one of each), chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- About 2 pounds grass-fed beef
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- One large can (about 28 ounces) of crushed tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Toppings (included but not limited to): green onion, bacon, jalapenos, sliced radishes
- Place a large pot over medium heat. Drizzle olive oil and add garlic and onion. Season with salt and pepper and let everything cook until it starts to brown.
- Add the ground beef, chili powder, and cumin. Combine well and add crushed tomatoes once the meat begins to brown.
- Add the green/red peppers, give it a stir, and reduce heat to low. Let it simmer for fifteen to twenty minutes or until you're ready to serve. If you're making it ahead of time, simply refrigerate until ready and throw it back on the stove later.
- Serve with toppings! I like green onions and pickled jalapenos but this time I added radishes and some thick-cut bacon. You could also do full-fat shredded cheddar and/or sour cream if you eat dairy. Enjoy!