Recipe: Chocolate-Covered Clementines
I buy a huge bag of clementines every week when I go to the grocery store and proceed to eat about six a day until they're gone. The other day I picked up a couple bars of dark chocolate that ended up being way too bitter, so I melted some into a kind of a Paleo ganache and made chocolate-covered clementine pieces. And they were delicious.
- About half of a 3.5 ounce bar of dark chocolate
- One tablespoon of grass-fed butter
- Two to three ripe clementines
- A pinch of salt
- In a small bowl, melt the chocolate (I microwaved it for thirty seconds at a time, stirring in between). Add the butter and combine well.
- Peel your clementines and separate. Dip each piece halfway in the chocolate and rest on a piece of parchment paper.
- Pop them in the fridge for about twenty minutes, or until the chocolate has hardened. Sprinkle a bit of salt and serve.