I love sitting down to a big, hot breakfast of eggs and bacon, but on hectic mornings during the week, I much prefer a quick smoothie. I use a variety of frozen fruit and always include some spinach, a banana, and a spoonful of coconut oil.
The other day I read a brochure sent to me by Canada Maple Syrup that included a smoothie recipe similar to the one I use every day, but with a bit of pure maple syrup. Intriguing! As you may know, Canadian maple syrup is 100% natural and a great (Paleo-friendly!) alternative to sugar. I had never thought about it before, but since Canadian maple syrup is a pure and all natural source of carbohydrates, it would make a great addition to your next post-workout snack. I gave their recipe a try, subbing a few ingredients to make my recipe Paleo.
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 large banana
- 1/4 cup Canadian maple syrup
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- several handfuls of fresh spinach
- Place all ingredients in a blender (I usually do the banana and spinach before anything frozen goes in).
- Blend (I use the puree setting on my blender) until all ingredients are well-incorporated. Pour into glasses and enjoy!
This post is sponsored by FitFluential LLC.