Happy Friday! I wanted to thank you all so much for your kind and understanding words about my post on Wednesday. When I wrote it, I never expected so many people to reach out with empathy and their own experiences, but it was refreshing and totally affirming to learn that we are not alone in our anxiety. So thank you, very much.
Rob and I are off to Roanoke for the weekend! I have a shoot with my friend Sarah for a couple of upcoming La Crema collaborations, and then we'll just be hanging out and trying to see some friends. We have a busy few weeks ahead--next weekend we're actually headed to Asheville for the first time to see Jimmy Eat World in concert! Fall feels like it's finally in full swing around here and I'm really looking forward to making the most of it.
But for now, here are some links I've collected over the past couple of weeks. Hope you enjoy!
Life and Love:
- I really loved this: Why I Hire English Majors. For so long it felt like English was a worthless degree to pursue, so it's always nice to see the increasing value of humanities scholars in the work force.
- Such a lovely piece: Aboard Amtrack.
- 7 Strange Questions That Help You Find Your Life Purpose
- I feel like it wouldn't be Friday Favorites without a link about David Sedaris. His AMA on Reddit was awesome.
- A beautiful and sweet story from Minnesota: WWII vet forms unlikely friendship with preeschooler. This follow-up video is wonderful, too.
- I love photo pieces like this one--What Kids Around the World Eat for Breakfast.
- I created an Instagram account for Cave Girl Consulting! I'd love it if you followed me here.
- Brunch Is for Jerks. Not sure if I agree completely, but he made some interesting points. What do you think?
- I love finding common ground with people who follow different dietary lifestyles. The Florkens are vegetarians and I'm Paleo, but I nodded my head the entire time I read this post: The Health Food Fake-Out. Watch your sugar, people!
- Wouldn't say no to this cute little thing from The Merriweather Council.
- Swooning over these little boots and so excited that I scored a way cheaper pair that look almost exactly the same from ShoeMint.
- These earrings are so pretty.
- I'm always on the hunt for a great hat like this one. Makes dirty hair days way more socially acceptable.
- Do you guys do boyfriend jeans? I want to try a pair but I'm afraid they might look silly on me. These ones are so cute!
Did you read/see/eat anything good this week? And what are you guys up to this weekend? Hope you have a great one!
Photo from my August La Crema post.