I have a confession: I don't own any fancy kitchen gadgets. I need one of those spiral things that turn vegetables into noodles, but I don't have one. While I want a juicer and an espresso maker with a steam wand and a food processor, I'm also in that weird liminal space between forgetting your kitchen things in storage and creating a wedding registry full of awesome stuff that other people will probably buy for you. Normal, right?
Whether you're with me or not, you can still make Paleo pasta with zucchini with just a vegetable peeler.
Three or four zucchini
One pound of grass-fed beef
Half an onion
One can of crushed tomatoes
Garlic (fresh or powder), crushed red pepper
Olive oil, salt, pepper
1. Chop onion and add it to a large pan with some olive oil.
2. Once the onions are sauteed well, add beef.
Season with salt, pepper, and a few shakes of crushed red pepper.
3. Brown meat and when it's cooked through, add can of tomatoes and reduce heat to low.
4. With vegetable peeler, slice zucchini into flat, long noodles (see image below). Don't cut yourself!
5. Transfer meat sauce from pan to a bowl and quickly saute zucchini noodles with some more olive oil and about a teaspoon of garlic.
6. To serve, plate the noodles and spoon meat sauce on top. Enjoy!