The Super Bowl is this weekend, which, I dunno, means something about football. To me, it's just always been a terrific snacking opportunity. Being Paleo for parties and sporting events is often pretty difficult, which is why I always try to eat dinner before I go, and always contribute a dish so I know there's at least one thing there that I can snack on.
This year, I'm bringing my Paleo take on Pigs in a Blanket! If you haven't noticed yet, my Paleo version of anything that is usually covered in bread is just wrapped in bacon instead. I also made a honey mustard sauce for dipping, because I think Super Bowl snacks are all about dipping, and I totally love a little homemade sauce to fancy up a dish. Happy Super Bowl weekend, friends, and go...team, go!
One to two packages of cocktail smokies
Bacon (I love Trader Joes' Uncured Apple Smoked Bacon)
Two tablespoons Dijon mustard
Two tablespoons of honey
Salt, pepper, and a spritz of lemon juice to taste
1. Cut each strip of bacon into three parts.
2. Wrap each piece around one of the sausages. Secure with a toothpick.
3. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.
4. While that's in the oven, put mustard and honey in a bowl and mix together with a spoon.
5. Add salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lemon juice.
6. Serve the honey mustard with your Paleo Pigs in a Blanket and enjoy!