Recipe: Paleo Pumpkin Custards
Fall is coming to an close and I think we're finally entering the end of Pumpkin Everything Season--to me, Christmas and New Year's Eve feel more like chocolate and caramel things. But I didn't want to let it go without one more festive pumpkin recipe! And when Lavazza sent me some coffee to try out and challenged me to create a complimentary recipe, I knew these little pumpkin custards would be just perfect.
One cup of canned pumpkin
One teaspoon vanilla extract
One teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
One cup of canned coconut milk
1/4 cup maple syrup
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Boil some water.
2. Mix the pumpkin and the spices into one bowl. In another, lightly beat eggs and add maple syrup, vanilla, and coconut milk.
3. Slowly add egg mixture into pumpkin mixture and combine well.
4. Pour the mixture into half-cup ramekins. Put the ramekins in a baking pan and carefully add boiling water to the dish so that it surrounds them. Don't spill water into the custard! Not that I did that or anything (I totally did).
5. Gently place the pan into the oven and bake for 30 minutes (this will totally depend on your oven--mine were totally done after half an hour, but I've read other custard recipes that call for an hour of baking time. They'll be done when you put a knife into the center and it comes out clean).
6. Serve with coffee!