I decided to adapt the Paleo crepe recipe I used here to make a savory crepe that could be used in place of a tortilla for breakfast wraps. Instead of a fruit filling, I made a Paleo BLT-inspired wrap, plus mushrooms and avocado!
Makes about five large "tortillas"
Six tablespoons almond flour
Three tablespoons arrowroot powder
One teaspoon garlic powder
(Any other spices you want to include)
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat a large pan on the stove and whisk eggs in a bowl. Add remaining crepe ingredients.
2. Spread coconut oil or butter around the pan and add a couple spoonfuls of crepe batter. Spread batter around and let cook.
3. Flip the crepe (this should be really easy to do) and let cook on the other side (about a minute).
4. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining batter.
5. Once you've made your crepes, fill with lettuce, tomato, bacon, or whatever it is you feel like having in your wrap.
6. Wrap it up like a burrito and enjoy! If you have leftover tortillas you can refrigerate them for later.
You don't even have to limit yourself to breakfast--I'm looking forward to making buffalo chicken wraps for dinner one night or some ham and goat cheese wraps for lunch--you can fill them with anything you want and wrap 'em right up.
I hope you love these! They're my new favorite thing. What kind of wraps will you make?