Recipe: Paleo Breakfast Wraps
I decided to adapt my Paleo crepe recipe to make a savory crepe that could be used in place of a tortilla for breakfast wraps. Instead of a fruit filling, I made a kind-of Paleo BLT wrap, plus avocado and with spinach instead of lettuce.
Ingredients (Makes about five large "tortillas"):
- Ten eggs
- Six tablespoons almond flour
- Three tablespoons arrowroot powder
- One teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Filling: Bacon, lettuce or spinach, tomato, mayo
- Heat a large pan on the stove and whisk eggs in a bowl. Add remaining crepe ingredients.
- Spread coconut oil or butter around the pan and add a couple spoonfuls of crepe batter. Spread batter around and let cook.
- Flip the crepe (this should be really easy to do) and let cook on the other side (about a minute).
- Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining batter.
- Once you've made your crepes, fill with lettuce, tomato, bacon, or whatever it is you feel like having in your wrap.
- Wrap it up like a burrito and enjoy! If you have leftover tortillas you can refrigerate them for later.
You don't even have to limit yourself to breakfast--I'm looking forward to making buffalo chicken wraps for dinner one night or some ham and goat cheese wraps for lunch--you can fill them with anything you want and wrap 'em right up. I also love to keep them really simple with turkey, lettuce, tomato, and some mayo.
I hope you love these! They're my favorite thing. What kind of wraps will you make?
Note: This recipe was originally published in October of 2013 but I'm re-posting it today with new photos and some other edits. The formatting of the comments from last year are a little wonky because they were posted before I switched to Squarespace--I now respond to all comments in the thread. Thanks for reading!