Recipe: Acorn Squash Beef Bowls
For the squash
One acorn squash
Drizzle of olive oil
Salt, pepper, onion powder
For the beef
One pound of (grass-fed) beef
Half of an onion, drizzle of olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Sprinkle of onion powder
Sprinkle of crushed red pepper
One 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 350.
2. Carefully cut the squash in half and season with olive oil, salt, pepper, and onion powder.
3. Roast squash at 350 for 45 minutes.
4. While squash is in the oven, saute onions in olive oil over medium heat. When they've softened, add beef.
5. Season the beef with garlic powder, oregano, onion powder, red pepper flakes, and salt + pepper.
6. Once the beef is cooked through, reduce heat to low/simmer and add can of tomatoes.
7. Continue to cook on low until squash is done.
8. To serve, place each squash half in a bowl and spoon beef into the center.
I made these on Saturday afternoon and put plastic wrap over them for dinner on Sunday, so you can totally make them ahead of time if you like to do that (I know I do). Enjoy!