When Melissa and I were planning this weekend, we pretty much divided our time together by potential blog posts. Paleo recipes, personal style, makeup, and not-so-Paleo cocktails all made the list and were fit into our two-day schedule. So if you read her blog, you might see some duplications over the next week or so. So for now, let's start with pancakes. Because it's Monday, and I know how Mondays can be, and because sometimes you just need pancakes.
We used a variation of this recipe for the pancake batter, and before the pancakes went onto the griddle, we fried up some bacon to go in them, because why not, man? I still maintain the opinion that there's not much that can't be made better with at least a little bacon. And did you hear? Turns out banana, vanilla, cinnamon, and bacon are like, best friends.
Ingredients (makes 4-5 big pancakes):
- Two or three strips of bacon, cut in half
- Two bananas
- Three eggs
- Three tablespoons coconut flour
- One teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Sprinkle of cinnamon, pinch of salt
- Space out strips of bacon onto the pan or griddle where you will make the pancakes. Fry them up!
- Blend all pancake ingredients in a food processor or blender until completely smooth.
- When the bacon is done, spoon pancake batter on and around each strip and let cook for about eight minutes.
- Flip each pancake carefully and let the other side cook. Serve with maple syrup, if desired.
Rocky really wanted some.