This is yet another one of those recipes made from things I already had in the fridge. I bought a bag of broccoli and carrot slaw mix from Trader Joe's the other day and had no idea what to do with it. And then I thought, "oh yeah--coleslaw."
I was making fish for dinner that night so I decided to make the slaw with some Asian flavors. So, here's what I got!
- One 12 ounce bag of broccoli/carrot slaw mix
- One to two cups of chopped cauliflower (or any other veggies you want to include)
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon honey
- One and a half tablespoons Sriracha, or your favorite hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper (depending on how spicy you like spicy stuff to be)
- Sprinkle of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix up sauce ingredients (everything but veggies) in a large bowl.
- Add broccoli/carrot mix with caulifower/veggies.
- Combine well. Let sit for thirty minutes in refrigerator before serving. Enjoy!